Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate and a revenue about 1.111 million Euro in 2017, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 29 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 500 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 40 countries who work at 11 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
Hello! My name is Tania and I am part of a Zooplus development team since 2016. My team is looking for a colleague to work together and contribute to the success of the team and the company. I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel nice in this company and may be could be interesting for you in case you decide to work with us!
- We work in a team of 5 developers and we would like to be 6 with you
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned on it also.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities out of work also of course with other teams. There is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple t-shirt
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must. In other moments we talk in Spanish, depending the people involved of course.
Some perks and benefits you can enjoy:
- We enjoy working here but... we have 28 working days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31) Yessss
- Medical insurance
- Mobile phone for personal use
- Flexible working hours
- Training is a really important thing in the company, so the company invest on your conference trips and courses
- English/Spanish classes
- The fridge is always full of free drinks and also we can have free fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop and other discounts in local shops
And of course those are the technologies/frameworks we use:
- Java, NodeJS, Scala, Groovy
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (terraform, cli, serverless...)
- Spring Framework, Spark Java, Akka Http
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing