Backend Software Engineer
Hello! I am a member of a development team in zooplus. We are looking for backend engineers to complete our teams in Madrid.
You can be part of one of these amazing teams:
Auto-shipment and Discounts teams: these 2 teams are responsible for some of the loyalty products of our company and nowadays is a key part of the company success, that is why we need to reinforce our loyalty teams with new members.
My Account team: the account team is responsible for the personal account of our customers. We aim for an easy-to-use and transparent account area where customers easily find relevant information around their orders, loyalty benefits and pets but also have the option to manage them. We want to make the customer feel at home and encourage him to return to zooplus for future orders.
I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel good and would be interesting for you.
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it also
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. Also, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it
English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java 8+
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- You are interested in growing as a software engineer participating actively in the whole development cycle (frontend, backend, database, testing, DevOps...)
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience working with Microservices
- English at working language level
- Nice to have: understanding PHP
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- Java8+, Spark Java
- React, Angular
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Mesos/Marathon, Docker
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Discount in zooplus shop
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form