Brand Manager Own Brands Accessories (Non Food)
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and more than 2.000 billion Euro revenue in 2021, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of more than 1.000 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 50 countries. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
The Own Brands Brand Management Team deals with the development and management of our Own Brands Accessories. As a Brand Manager you have full ownership of your brand. Your responsibility include the following:
- Responsibility for the development and management of own brands in accordance with department strategy
- Responsibility for the strategic positioning, communication and awareness of brand
- Responsibility for driving the brand experience
- Responsibility for monitoring brand performance
Essential job tasks:
- Implementation of an own label branding strategy, involving creation of own brands focused on a defined product range and/or target category with distinct USPs, brand positioning, visual identity, target customers and respective portfolio.
- Brand concept and business case responsibility for respective brands, including sales forecasts
- Sales responsibility for respective brands and independent sales activation through promotions and campaigns to achieve targets.
- Development of marketing plans for own brands and ensuring their implementation by proactively engaging with the right stakeholders (shops, social media, online marketing, direct marketing, graphics, content)
- Independent management of external design and branding agencies.
- Contribution to the development and definition of the accessories assortment and pricing strategies, in close coordination with product management
- Ownership and responsibility of ad-hoc departmental projects (example: OKR, project management).
- Participation in the development of the business unit strategy and ensuring its operational implementation.
- Management and implementation of bespoke strategic projects, in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Ownership and continuous analysis of development of sales KPIs (Net Sales Growth, CM2, True New Customers, Customer Retention) and preparing and implementing action plans.
- Close interface with functional stakeholders including sales, marketing, purchasing, replenishment, accounting, legal and external partners.
- Successfully completed business-related degree.
- 4-5 years’ relevant experience in brand/product management in FMCG and/or pet food
- Strong competency in planning and developing branding strategies.
- Experience in the implementation of international projects.
- Understands the relevant processes and levers of a retailer, ideally e-commerce.
- Proven ability to understand customer needs and market requirements to enhance the customer experience.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Resilient, self-starter with experience in management of strategic and operational topics.
- Solid analytical skills coupled with confidence in managing numbers and large amounts of data.
- Teamplayer and able to work in a fast-paced environment with capacity to adapt quickly to changes.
- Excellent marketing knowledge and strong communication and presentation skills.
- High internet affinity and interest in pet products.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills (German is a plus) and comfortable in an international environment.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working flexibility
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form.