Cloud Engineer - Azure
As a Cloud Engineer in our Cloud Engineering Chapter, you will be joining the Infrastructure Platform & Security Services department. You will work on the heart of zooplus IT responsible for continuous operations and relentless improvement of our 24/7 E-Commerce Infrastructure. Working in a Product Organization means focusing on Primary topics (Technical Products) whilst supporting and collaborating in Cross-functional topics. With an already strong and mature DevOps and Infrastructure as Code approach we focus on further developing and innovating on new parts of our platform as well as enabling and guiding our Technical users and DevOps Teams. You are given the freedom to develop a preference and focus on some Technical Products in your Chapter, while engagement in supporting other Technical Products is welcome and supported.
The Cloud Engineering Chapter is currently responsible for two Technical Products: AWS Cloud Platform and Azure Cloud Platform. We implement central management tools and general architecture to provide a framework for our DevOps teams to operate their products in. We are looking to bring up the Azure Cloud Platform to the same maturity level as our AWS Cloud Platform and build up the foundations.
- You implement best practices for security, governance and management of cloud environments
- You participate in the development and management of in-house provisioning and account management tools
- You specialize in one public cloud vendor and support others
- You build secure baselines to be provisioned in the cloud environments for our products
- You provide solutions by making use of open-source tools or implementing your own
- You drive automation to help our teams to improve their time-to-market
- You improve our platform availability and stability to ensure the company business can run without disruptions
- You support our DevOps teams in using our products and services in the most efficient way
- You ensure 24/7 availability of our platform services and practice incident response during on-call duty
- You are passionate about new technologies in the field of Cloud Engineering
- You possess a University degree in a relevant field or have a proven track record in Cloud Engineering projects
- You already have at least 3 years of relevant Cloud Engineering experience
- You gained wide experience working with the Azure cloud provider:
- strong knowledge in Azure IAM (RBAC, PIM, AD)
- strong knowledge in Azure Governance (Azure Management Groups, Azure Policy, Azure Blueprints, Cost Management)
- strong knowledge in Azure Security services (Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, ATP, NSGs and others)
- strong knowledge in Azure Networking (Azure VNet, DNS, Azure firewall, VNet Gateways (ExpressRoute, VPN Gateway))
- strong knowledge in Azure Monitor (Platform and VM monitoring, alerting & visualization), Azure Network Watcher, Logic Apps
- general understanding of all other Azure products and services
- willingness to support in other cloud environments
- You have expertise in automation and configuration management best practices and tools (e.g TerraForm or Azure Automation)
- Your general understanding of Network Infrastructure basics such as DNS, DHCP, Firewalling and Load Balancing will help you work cross-functional
- You have experience working with technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- You are familiar with the DevOps toolbox git, docker, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and others
- You are engaged in and improve the whole lifecycle of services: From inception and design - to deployment, operation and refinement.
- You are open-minded, aligned to business needs and solution-oriented and keen on working in cross-functional teams.
- You speak fluent English (at least CEFR B2)
What we are offering you:
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form