Data DevOps Engineer
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate and a revenue about 1.111 million Euro in 2017, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 29 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 500 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 40 countries who work at 11 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
- Support one of our Product Development Teams in building containerized applications and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Setting up and configuring AWS services to best practices
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for the productions systems
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines
- Drive automation to enable our teams to get changes rolled out faster and with confidence
- Provide solutions by making use of open-source tools or implementing your own
- Work closely with the central DevOps & Platform team as well as with the other DevOps Engineers in the Product Centers
- Love to automate everything
- Experience in AWS , Azure or Google Cloud
- Familiar with container and virtualization technologies (Docker, vSphere, AWS)
- Experience in automated provisioning and configuration management like Ansible, Cloud-init, etc.
- Provide coding skills in bash and at least one of Go, Python, Ruby or similar
- Good understanding of infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, load balancing
- Ideally experience in using orchestration tools and service discovery in production environments (e.g. Mesos, Chronos, Marathon)
- Preferably you know some technologies for event and time series data processing and storage (logstash, elasticsearch, graphite, influxDB)
- Open-minded, aligned to business needs and solution-oriented and like to work in cross-functional team
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
What We Are Offering You
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Training budget for external training and conferences
- Language courses and Safari Digital Library
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop and other discounts in local shops