Front-end Software Engineer
Hello! My name is Tania and I am part of a Zooplus development team since 2016. My team is looking for a new colleague to contribute to the success of the company. I can describe you how working in Zooplus is like and some of the reasons that make me feel comfortable in this company. It might be helpful in case you decide to work with us!
- We are owners of my account area. One of the most exciting things we are working on is building and handling Frontend Microservices. We are responsible of choosing the best fitting technology for each project. Also, we are developing our common styleguide and leading different proposals to improve the company's frontend architecture. For us, delivering a good quality product is one of our main motivations.
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned on it also.
- We usually do pair programming, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- We think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset is the best way to go.
- We collaborate remotely with other teams located in Munich and Krakow, therefore being able to communicate in English is a must.
- The environment is very relaxed and friendly and we often do team building activities. There is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple t-shirt.
We need from you:
- 3+ Years of experience in a similar position.
- You understand and have experience with module bundlers like Webpack.
- You are always looking for how to improve your application (performance, accessibility, monitoring, clean code...).
- You are eager to learn and to contribute in the roadmap of the team.
- English at working language level (Spanish/German is a plus)
- Valid work permit for Spain
And of course, these are the technologies/frameworks we use:
- React, Redux
- NodeJS, Yarn, NPM
- Webpack, Gulp
- CSS 3. Flexbox, Grids...
- SASS, CCS Modules, Styled Components
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- Git, Bitbucket
- Amazon Web Services Stack
- Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…
If you didn’t know about us:
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries with over 6,8 million active costumers and 1342 billion Euro revenue in 2018. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future.
Did we make you curious? Then send us your application!