Full Stack Engineer
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer
of pet supplies. With over 5,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries
and 1,111 billion Euro
revenue in 2017, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics
centers, and the use of big data
and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working in the construction of cutting-edge web applications which will support the company’s architecture group. You will be designing and implementing tools improving transparency and company knowledge. You will come up with new ideas of tools and improvements, propose POCs and test new technologies and libraries. Yes: this means greenfield, full ownership and yes, your applications will go to production in the cloud. Sounds good enough?
We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links.
What you will be responsible for:
- Develop and design the web UI of our applications with performance, scalability and simplicity in mind.
- Follow best practices for frontend software development.
- Convert complex and dynamic datasets into beautiful, responsive and interactive visualizations.
- You build it, you run it, you own it. From development to production.
What are we offering you
Competitive salary including the following benefits apply:
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Mobile phone for personal use
- Flexible working hours
- Training budget for external training and conferences
- Language courses and Safari Digital Library
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop and other discounts in local shops
What we are looking for:
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- At least 1-year experience in developing engaging and usable UIs.
- You are familiar with Human-Computer Interaction and the principles of User Experience.
- You are familiar with component frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- You always avoid technical debt, so you apply well known design patterns as appropriate to maximize code scalability and reusability.
- You have some knowledge about serverless and microservices.
- You want to work in an environment where ownership and accountability is a given.
- Willing to work with cloud technologies in Amazon Web Services.
- Fluent English
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your resume and possible starting date in Spanish or English via our online application form.