Fullstack Developer (ReactJS - Python)
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,524 billion Euro revenue in 2019, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
As an engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute to an e-commerce with millions of visitors.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is already aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams.
- We are used to learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must. In other moments we talk in Spanish, depending the people involved, of course.
You will be part of a team responsible of developing our recommendation engine including:
- Generate relevant recommendations for customers across all shops through the user session.
- Serve this recommendations on the best possible way to contribute to business goals.
- Develop dynamic content to display products suggestions.
Our current stack:
- Python (pandas and Flask mainly)
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Cloudfront, etc)
- Cloud infrastructure (Terraform, cli, serverless...)
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- Kibana, Grafana
What we are looking for:
3+ years in software development
- Experience with Flask web services, ReactJS frontend, Microservices oriented
- Familiarity with Python and pandas
- API design experience
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- English at working language level
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form