Java Backend Software Engineer
Hello! I am a software engineer and I am part of a zooplus development team. My team is looking for a new colleague to work together and to contribute to the success of the team and the company. Let me tell you some of the main things that make me feel good and would be interesting for you.
Our work environment:
- We work in teams of around 5 developers
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, but also in the whole organization since our managers are aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. There is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple t-shirt.
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each other, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- Our daily tasks are related to developing new features, maintaining team products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it
English is the official language of the company, sometimes we have mates from other countries inside our teams or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must. In other moments we talk in Spanish, depending the people involved of course.
- Strong backend background using Java
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- English at working language level (Spanish/German is a plus)
- Valid work permit for Spain
- Python knowledge is a plus
And of course, these are the technologies/frameworks we use:
- Java, NodeJS, Scala, Groovy, Python
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (terraform, cli, serverless...)
- Spring Framework, Spark Java, Akka Http
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…
If you didn’t know about us:
Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries with over 6,8 million active costumers and 1342 billion Euro revenue in 2018. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future.
Did we make you curious? Then send us your application!