Junior Social Media Manager - Temporary Position
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,342 billion Euro revenue in 2018, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
As a Junior Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up to date on the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement. Your tasks will include:
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences. Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule in line with web traffic and customer engagement metrics. Collaborate with local copywriters, marketers and customer service to improve content and ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest new ways of attracting prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Facilitate online conversations with Spanish customers and respond to queries, working closely with our social media customer care team and reporting on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans.
- Support charity initiatives management and other events (fairs, exhibitions…)
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- English at working language level. (German is a plus)
What we are offering you
This is a temporary position (one year contract). We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…