In the Content team, we are currently looking for a Node Backend Engineer to join our amazing team. You will responsible for:
· Development of the API that delivers static contents and pages for the e-commerce.
· Provide a content management system for the rest of the teams in the company.
· Design new reusable and customizable components to allow managers to personalize the content.
· We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that, we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it
is the best way to do it.
· Kanban is our way of work, and we feel like an agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers and the organization also believe in it.
· The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and also of course with other teams. Moreover, there is no dress code here so you can come in a simple T-shirt.
· We are used to doing pair programming and learning from each other. This way we can share knowledge between us.
· The daily tasks are related to developing new features, maintaining team products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
· English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Munich or Krakow. Being able to communicate in English is a must.
Our current stack:
· Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Cloudfront, etc)
· Cloud infrastructure (terraform, cli, serverless...)
· CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
· Contentful CMS
· Kibana, Grafana
· 5+ years with Solid experience in software development
· Strong knowledge of Node.js
· Experience with cloud services (AWS)
· API design experience
· Microservices architecture and best practices
· Strong concepts of clean code principles
· Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
· Team player
· Able to understand and apply design patterns
· Experience with React, Express, Next.js is a bonus
· English at working language level
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and more than two billion Euro revenue in 2021, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of more than 1.000 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 50 countries. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form