zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,524 billion Euro revenue in 2019, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
We’re an agile company, our IT Culture fosters cross-functional teams (a.k.a Feature Teams) where the focus is on product specialization, and trust is one our core values.
zooplus is building an in-house big data platform that will allow us to scale our data strategy for the future. This platform is conceived as an internal product that is used by the different teams that work with data for analysis purposes, this includes:
• Development teams
• Business Intelligence team
• Data Analysts
• Business Analysts
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working in the product development of a state-ofthe-art data platform that will be core for the company.
Our way of working is composed of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software practices. The cross-functional dev team holds full ownership, from idea to production with a DevOps mindset: you build it you run it.
What you will be responsible for
We’re looking for a person that will be focused on ensuring maximum return on investment (ROI) for this product. Your responsibilities will include:
• Own the Product Backlog, ensuring what we build is really valuable for the users.
• Maintain the Backlog in good shape and help the engineers by providing context when needed.
• Collaborate with the dev team as mates for building the best possible product.
• Create a vision of where we should go and an evolving roadmap to achieve that vision.
• Learn from the users their real needs or envision something beyond their vision through product discovery
• Make the development status visible to management and realize the product mandate.
• Collaborate with the Scrum Master for product ownership improvement, resolution of issues and product success.
What we are looking for
The ideal person for this role should have a deep experience in the use of data analysis platforms and tools. A technical background is required due to the nature of the product and of the stakeholders. To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include:
• (Desirable) Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience in the use of data analysis platforms and tools.
• Relevant experience as Product Owner.
• Deep knowledge of agile methods and familiarity with how they apply in the software development context.
• Fluent English.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
• Medical insurance
• Flexible working hours
• Free drinks and fresh fruit
• Discount in zooplus shop
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form