Python Insights Developer
Hello! I am a software engineer and I am part of a Zooplus development team. Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. My team is looking for a colleague to work together and contribute to the success of the team and the company. I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel good in this company and would be interesting for you.
- We work in teams of around 5 developers
Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it also.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams. There is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple t-shirt
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must. In other moments we talk in Spanish, depending the people involved of course.
Some perks and benefits you can enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance with a dental plan
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop
And of course those are the technologies/frameworks we use:
- Java, NodeJS, Scala, Groovy, Python, Kotlin
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (terraform, cli, serverless...)
- Spring Framework, Spark Java, Akka Http
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
Skills to create thrills
Master’s degree in any relevant technical field such as statistics, experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.), mathematics or economics.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
- Experience with digital tracking technologies (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of controlled on-line experiments statistical methods for hypothesis validation/refutation
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python/Pandas
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Self-starter and detail oriented. You can complete projects with the minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Basic concepts of clean code principles
- Agile and DevOps mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Valid work permit for Spain
- Fluent in English
- Relevant business experience in data analysis, customer analytics and segmentation.
- Solid skills in product management.
- Skills to create business value propositions to stakeholders. Intrapreneurial mindset.
- Proven experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong requirements engineering skills with the ability to write & slice product backlog items.
- Skills to make visible the evolution of products through business value indicators.
- Skills to take the best decisions based on data to evolve products.
- Ability to understand how technical/architecture decisions impact on the product you own.
- Experience in Digital Marketing is a plus.
- Fluency in English, Spanish/German is a plus