Quality Manager Private Label Non-Food
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1.842 billion Euro revenue in 2020, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of more than 1.000 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 50 countries. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
The Quality Manager Private Label Non-Food is responsible for ensuring the high quality of Private Label Non-Food products. Therefore, the quality manager will work closely with the Senior Quality &Technical Manager as well as with Product Managers and Product Developers to assure that the products and services meet all necessary quality and safety requirements before they reach the consumer. This also includes documentation and follow up on product and factory compliance topics, encompassing regulatory standards and review specifications for final products or processes.
Your responsabilities in this role:
- Monitor that the quality management system is followed by the different departments and keep it updated. Keep accurate documentation and systematic data management to ensure efficient retrieval.
- Follow-up product and factory compliance topics encompassing regulatory standards, CSR expectations and supplier evaluation, given by Senior Quality and Technical Manager Non-Food.
- Coordinate third parties, particularly quality service providers and product laboratories, for on-going quality control and audits, and subsequent integration in existing processes.
- Work closely with product managers and product development department by providing guidance during the product development phase adhering to industry and quality standards as well as encompassing product briefings, sample review, product testing, artwork/packaging approval.
- Review specifications for final products or processes.
- Test finished products for functionality, approving the right products or rejecting defectives in agreement with the Senior Quality & Technical Manager.
- Close identified non-conformities, claims and dispensations within the quality manager process proposing and implementing corrective, preventive and improvement measures.
- Act as contact for all quality and product compliance topics among certain internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate quality internal audits.
- Ensure our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer.
- Coordinate Customer complaints, to document product deficiencies and partially conduct statistical analysis with the Senior Quality & Technical Manager.
- Support to get quality certifications and licenses with regards to product quality, sustainability and packaging.
- Suggest improvements and development of new efficient procedures.
- BSC/ BA in Manufacturing, Engineering, Applied Science or relevant field.
- 2-3 years of experience in either the quality manager department of a retailer, a quality service provider/product lab or with a manufacturer in the FMCG industry.
- Depth understanding of quality control procedures and experience in the certification of quality control (ISO 9001 etc.) and licenses.
- Proven experience relevant regulatory standards in similar fields.
- Experience in dealing with laboratories and administrations.
- Fluent spoken and written English with additional languages as a plus (particularly German).
- Team-orientated, collaborating with internal departments, and third party suppliers.
- Persistence and the ability to facilitate change.
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Proficient skills in Excel.
- Interest in developing new projects based on “greenfield” frameworks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.