Senior Backend Software Engineer (Java/Kotlin) (f/m/d)
Hello! 👋 I am Roberto, Area Delivery Manager of the Loyalty Area at zooplus. We are looking for new team mates to help us to deliver good quality loyalty products for our customers. Our goal is to increase the engagement of our customers with zooplus and to do it we have in place these four amazing teams in which ones you may fit:
Coupons: Discounts, free shipping, extra points... whatever you need we can make it! We support all the company coupon strategy. Recently we delivered "My coupons page" and now we will rearrange all of our data for future faster developments. Our apps are built in Java but planning to move to Kotlin+React
Discounts: It is great to have a permanent discount in the shops you usually buy. We provide these discounts for one or three years to save our costumers a lot of money. Our apps are built in Java but also planning to move to Kotlin+React in this new phase, getting the chance of new developments.
Autoshipment: We created this product to allow our customers to have recurrent orders at home with the minimum effort from their side, increasing loyalty and satisfaction. We are the owners of a legacy app in php and currently we are redoing it in Kotlin+React. First deployment of the awesome new app will be on July! We like to work sometimes in pairs, trying to expand our expertise area sharing front & back while learning together new skills.
Rewards: Once we made a purchase in our shop, we would like to reward you with some bonus points or stamps for future orders. We make this happen with several applications currently in Scala but moving them to Kotlin+React. We have a quite intense usage of database and a big amount of transactions.
Here are some of the main things that make our people feel good about their teams and our work environment that we are sure will be interesting for you:
Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is also already aligned to it.
- We work in small self-organized teams where you will have the opportunity to grow on your professional career.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and also of course with other teams. Moreover, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt.
- We are used to doing pair programming and learning from each others. This way we can share knowledge between us.
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset are the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- Kotlin, Java 8+
- React, Angular
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Mesos/Marathon → Kubernetes, Docker
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Pull request, Peer Reviewing
What we are looking for
5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java 8+ or Kotlin
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Experience working with microservices and event-driven architectures
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience with relational databases
English at working language level
- You are interested in DevOps philosophy of "you build it, you run it"
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form