Senior Backend Software Engineer Scala (f/m/d)
Hello! I am Mireia, People Lead of our Loyalty area. We are looking for backend engineers to complete our teams in Madrid!
You could be part of our Rewards team. We are in charge of our company's Bonus Points program (1€ spent in zooplus = 1 bonus point) among others that are part of Loyalty products. This is currently one of the company's key programs.
These are a few things about our way of working that could be interesting for you:
Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is already aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and with other teams. Also, there is no strict dress code here so you can come with a simple T-shirt.
- We are used to do pair programming and learning from each others. This way we can share knowledge between us and, of course, learn from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that would like to be cross-functional.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products. For that, we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset are the best ways to do it.
English is the official language of the company, we have colleagues from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- Scala, Java 8+
- React, Angular
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Mesos/Marathon, Docker
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Pull request, Peer Reviewing
5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java 8+ or Kotlin or Scala
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Experience working with microservices
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience with relational databases
English at working language level
- You are interested in DevOps philosophy of "you build it, you run it"
- Nice to have: data background
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form