Senior Data Engineer
What you will be responsible for
- Working on the software development of our Data Lake, closely together in a team of Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientists in an agile environment.
- Developing code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integration from multiple sources to the data lake including streaming technologies.
- Working closely together with the Enterprise Architecture team and the Data & Analytics teams.
What we are looking for
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- Highly proficient in Apache Spark
- Solid software development and advanced SQL skills
- Expertise in data engineering and DWH/ETL best practices
- Experience working with data technologies in Amazon Web Services
- Comfortable with the idea of cross-functional teams
- Fluent English
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally we offer competitive benefits such as;
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31)
- Medical insurance
- Mobile phone for personal use
- Flexible working hours
- Training budget for external training and conferences
- Language courses and Safari Digital Library
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop and other discounts in local shops