Hello! I'm Helder, Area Delivery Manager of the Content Development Team at zooplus! Our team is currently working on the development of the API that delivers static contents and pages for the e-commerce, providing a content management system for the rest of the teams in the company and designing new reusable and customizable content components.
These are some of the reasons why I think working at zooplus is an amazing experience:
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is already aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams.
- We are used to learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Be able to communicate in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks we use:
- Jest, Karate
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Cloudfront, etc)
- Cloud infrastructure (Terraform, cli, serverless...)
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- Kibana, Grafana
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with UX/UX, Product Owner and API backend engineers to build customizable components to allow users to personalize the content in our CMS Contentful.
- Partner with the product and design teams to understand user needs and translate them into high-quality content solutions and features.
- Apply the style guides and integrate visual designs and assets provided by our design team in the delivered web applications.
- Participate in on-going discussions and contribute ideas that speak to project objectives like design, user experience, development, testing solutions, and tools.
- Provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment.
+5 years in software development
- Good knowledge of React.js
- Ideally knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of Headless CMS
- Skill on A/B testing
- Experience with test design and unit testing. Knowing Jest is a plus
- Agile mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Interest in learning AWS
- English at working language level
- Possibility of surveillance and maintenance one week a month.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility.
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,8 billion Euro revenue in 2020, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
As an engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute to an e-commerce with millions of visitors.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form