Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,524 billion Euro revenue in 2019, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
As a Senior Systems/DevOps Engineer in the zooplus Infrastructure Platform team, you will be working in the heart of the IT to develop, maintain and improve our Container Orchestration Platform that we provide to our 30 DevOps Teams across 5 locations.. Your responsibilities will be:
• Develop and manage our main Container Orchestration Platform based on Kubernetes.
• Maintain our existing productive Container Orchestration Platform based on Mesos.
• Drive automation to help our teams to improve their time-to-market.
• Improve our platform availability and stability to ensure the company business can run without disruptions.
• Provide solutions by making use of open-source tools or implementing your own.
• Support our DevOps teams in using our products and services in the most efficient way.
• Ensure 24/7 availability of our platform services and practice incident response in our platform oncall duty.
• At least 3 Years of Systems Engineering / DevOps Experience.
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Systematic problem-solving abilities coupled with distinct communication and collaboration skills.
• Extensive knowledge in several of the following areas: o Infrastructure-as-code such as terraform and Cloud Provider experience (e.g. AWS). o Automated provisioning and configuration management like Ansible or cloud-init. o Architecture design and operation of Kubernetes container-orchestration in production.
• Be familiar with base technologies like git, docker, ...
• Provide coding skills, preferably in python and bash.
• Have good understanding of network infrastructure and services such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, load balancing.
• Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services: From inception and design - to deployment, operation and refinement.
• Be open-minded, aligned to business needs and solution-oriented and keen on working in crossfunctional teams.
• Excellent English skills.
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form