Vendor Manager for ES & PT Market
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 6,8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,524 billion Euro revenue in 2019, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. At zooplus, we believe e-commerce to be the sales model of today and for the future. E-commerce has become one of the fastest developing areas of business. Modern logistics centers, and the use of and personalization, mean that online sales can be handled with increasing efficiency.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of more than 750 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 50 countries who work at 18 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
As a Vendor Manager your tasks will include:
- Develops, implements and controls a product range strategy in close collaboration with the manager and local sales teams
- Manages payment terms and cost structure in contractual agreements; audits for best-in-class terms for assigned vendors
- Conducting market and competition analyses as well as price comparisons
- Creates opportunities for growth, customer acquisition and retention
- Manages and optimizes current vendor selection appropriate to the assortment strategy of the company and secures new brand selection for assigned vendors or categories
- Developing and executing aligned Annual Marketing Plans. Reviews results of promotions and changes course of action and negotiates new promotions if needed
- Manages sales and purchasing volumes forecasting on account level and follow-up
- Partners with cross-functional teams to develop and propose an annual plan for multiple vendors or categories
- Identifies areas that need vendor attention and directs team to address issue; acts as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts
- Conducting analysis of supplier and category performance
- Graduate degree in business-related discipline
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Category Management, Vendor Management or Purchasing, ideally in retailing or the pet industry; experience working in an e-Commerce are an advantage
- Work experience in an international company
- Experience in project work based on analytical and strategic thinking and ability to structure complex facts
- Ability to unlock complex issues and to work proactively on proposals, solution thinking
- Ability to understand customer needs and market requirements to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Experience in teamwork and guidance of business partners with proved authority
- Product and industry knowledge in pet, retail or FMCG industry.
- High intercultural competence
- Proficient MS-Office (especially Excel and Power Point)
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Company events
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in zooplus shop…
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form.